Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Playful, Pink, Priceless

Oh what a dress- playful, pink, priceless!



What I liked about this dress:

-Obviously, the bright pink color!
-The paisley-ish pattern

Those of you who know me, you know my obsession with paisley! I have always liked paisley and am sooo happy that it has recently made a come back which has resulted in many super cute patterns available for everything from purses, to shoes, to fabric. In fact, not too long ago, I found an adorable pair of peep toe paisley heels from a thrift store that I wore in the "after" picture from my Denim Delight post. Love it. :)

This dress is a reminder to me that warm days are going to return! Now, don't get me wrong, winter does have a fond place in my heart, mainly due to Christmas, but generally speaking, I am much more of a warm weather kind of girl.

Anyway, back to the dress! To give this summer-style dress the justice it deserves, it went strapless!



Woo!








I have to admit that cutting off the entire top made me feel slightly panicky knowing there was no going back! haha I'm glad I did it though!

Basically, the elastic waistband of the dress became the top of the dress. I had unbuttoned the top before I cut it off and then decided it would be really cute to make the sides come down, leaving the buttons and everything on for added character.



Sorry, it's hard to see the detail at the top!


Then I sewed the sides (that used to be the button part of the top) down the side seams.





And here is our summer inspired dress:



Here is a close up of the top (this is really hard to do with a tripod and self timer, haha).



This was a really fun dress to re-do, and I hardly did any sewing! Crazy I know! Anyone could do this! :)

I won't be posting a project next week since we will be in Europe!! Yay! I will for sure be taking a ton of pictures in London and Paris. If you really miss me next week (as I'm sure you all will, haha) feel free to look through my photography pictures on flickr.

 I'm very excited for the new year ahead, I have lots of fun things planned!

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! :)

3 comments: