We really wanted to go for a vintage style nursery and also wanted to be as thrifty as possible. So, without further ado, here is a little tour of our finished nursery.
Our lovely crib with the bedding that I made. Also the changing table that we refinished. There is a little half table right next to the changing table that we bought at a local antique store that was already white and distressed so we didn't have to do anything to it. The rug (which I LOVE) is from Ikea and was only around $20, awesome deal!
This chandelier is hanging over the changing table. I got it from a garage sale for $8. It was really ugly, but a little Krylon blue spray paint fixed it right up :)
Here is the crib mobile that I made. I got the idea off of pinterest. I used scrapbook paper, paper doilies and an embroidery hoop to make it. It was really easy and I like the vintage look it has.
This bookcase came from Ikea too, only $39.99 I believe. We needed the bookcase to be pretty narrow (which is kind of hard to find on a budget) since it's tucked in the corner and our rocking chair will also be in that area once the baby moves from the bassinet in our room to his crib. I like that we have plenty of room to increase his book collection :)
Oh, and a side note, I got the curtains from Walmart on clearance. I kind of wanted to put them in our dining room too :)
Here is our refinished dresser. I bought the mirror from a thrift store last winter. The frame is plastic and it was this ugly gold color, so I sprayed it down with oil rubbed bronze spray paint to match the hardware on the dresser. I like the ornate details on it, even if it is plastic :) We also have these really cute block letters that we picked up at Hobby Lobby (50% off of course!) that spell out his name for the top of the dresser. I took them down before taking the picture because his name is a surprise! :-)
These are little animal cut-outs that I made from left over fabric from the crib bedding. I got the idea from a website somewhere (sorry I don't remember where). They are kind of hard to see, I wish I would have made them bigger. The top one is a bunny, the middle is a kitty and the bottom is a monkey.
This is another project I got off of pinterest :) I used vintage blue and green buttons to make a scripted "R". I used fabric glue to glue them on and my wonderful hubby stretched the canvas on a frame that he made.
That's pretty much it! It's a cozy room, but I think our little monkey will like it. :-)