Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Nursery Reveal! (finally!)

I know I've been MIA for a while, quite a while actually. We've been really busy around here getting last minute things done in preparation for the baby. We are 38 weeks this week and ready to meet our baby boy! :)

We really wanted to go for a vintage style nursery and also wanted to be as thrifty as possible. So, without further ado, here is a little tour of our finished nursery.

Our lovely crib with the bedding that I made. Also the changing table that we refinished. There is a little half table right next to the changing table that we bought at a local antique store that was already white and distressed so we didn't have to do anything to it. The rug (which I LOVE) is from Ikea and was only around $20, awesome deal!

This chandelier is hanging over the changing table. I got it from a garage sale for $8. It was really ugly, but a little Krylon blue spray paint fixed it right up :)

Here is the crib mobile that I made. I got the idea off of pinterest. I used scrapbook paper, paper doilies and an embroidery hoop to make it. It was really easy and I like the vintage look it has.

This bookcase came from Ikea too, only $39.99 I believe. We needed the bookcase to be pretty narrow (which is kind of hard to find on a budget) since it's tucked in the corner and our rocking chair will also be in that area once the baby moves from the bassinet in our room to his crib. I like that we have plenty of room to increase his book collection :)
Oh, and a side note, I got the curtains from Walmart on clearance. I kind of wanted to put them in our dining room too :)

Here is our refinished dresser. I bought the mirror from a thrift store last winter. The frame is plastic and it was this ugly gold color, so I sprayed it down with oil rubbed bronze spray paint to match the hardware on the dresser. I like the ornate details on it, even if it is plastic :) We also have these really cute block letters that we picked up at Hobby Lobby (50% off of course!) that spell out his name for the top of the dresser. I took them down before taking the picture because his name is a surprise! :-)

These are little animal cut-outs that I made from left over fabric from the crib bedding. I got the idea from a website somewhere (sorry I don't remember where). They are kind of hard to see, I wish I would have made them bigger. The top one is a bunny, the middle is a kitty and the bottom is a monkey. 

This is another project I got off of pinterest :) I used vintage blue and green buttons to make a scripted "R". I used fabric glue to glue them on and my wonderful hubby stretched the canvas on a frame that he made.

That's pretty much it! It's a cozy room, but I think our little monkey will like it. :-)