Thursday, March 10, 2011

Animal Print-ish Dress

Sorry I'm a little late on the post this week, its been an unusually busy week.

Onto the dress for this week!
Okay, I have to make a confession right now: when I saw this dress at the thrift store, I thought, "oh, brown with lighter colored dots/circles, thats kind of a cool pattern". I did not realize (don't ask me why) until I got home and started taking pictures that the pattern is actually more of an animal print, haha.


I know, you are all probably thinking that I'm crazy for not seeing this before. I guess sometimes I get so focused in on something, that I can't see the big picture...hmmm, that sounds like it could be a life lesson..

Anyway, any of you that know me personally, know that I have never (and may not ever) be a huge animal print kind of person. I think it can be tastefully done, and some people can rock it like none other, but that person is not really me.

But since you can't return thrift store finds, I decided to go with it; and its nice to change it up right? :-)

I decided that it was pretty cute with just a few minor adjustments. I took the shoulder pads out, took the sides in a bit and shortened it up.


I thought it would be cute with a wide brown belt and some sandal-y wedges:



I think doing those minor adjustments really modernized it. Oh, and since I've been making hats lately, I definitely used some of this fabric to make a pill box hat, it is pretty cute! I'll have to post pictures once I finish it. :-)

2 comments:

  1. I've just stumbled on your blog and LOVE it. I am so impressed with what you do with your thrift store finds. You definitely make them look wonderful. Thanks for keeping a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I am your newest follower- this is so cute. I look forward to reading more posts. I would appreciate it if you would follow me back as well. Thanks & Have a great day!
    http://milliemorganmedia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete